[Xastir] New Xastir Coding Standards!

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue May 7 12:35:25 PDT 2019

Voting (Performed on the xastir-dev list) is now closed. We ended up with
13 votes on changing our Xastir project coding standards. Now we change
them to correspond.

I updated the Developer Guidelines Wiki page to correspond with the final
results. I'll work on the Vim config files included with the project sources,
Tom can fix up the Emacs config file.

Indentation Question:
  8 spaces got 1 vote
  4 spaces got 3 votes
  2 spaces got 6 votes
  Tabs got 1 vote

Brace Alignment Question:
  Allman (Vertically lined-up) got 10 votes
  K&R got 2 votes
  Mixed got 1 vote

Optional Braces Question:
  Mixed got one vote
  Always-use got 12 votes

The final results:
  2-space indents
  Vertical brace alignment
  Always use braces even when optional

We're not planning to change the code in this regard before the next
release, but look for the changes soon afterwards, plus of course changes
to our coding standard docs.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com