[Xastir] ATTENTION: Preparing for next release: Please thrash on the code

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu May 23 12:05:53 PDT 2019

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 07:15:52AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Anyone else have any reports, good or bad?
>
> FWIW: For the types of things I do the latest code has been stable for me.
>
> We're getting close to a release and Tom will most likely be the one doing
> it. No target date has been mentioned. If we run into any nasty bugs that
> might delay.

Let's set a date right now.  I can set aside the time to do the release
on only a few days in the upcoming weeks (it doesn't take long, but it's
a process that takes some attention, and is documented in README.developers.md).

The days I could do it are:
  Friday, 31 May
  Friday, 14 June
  Sometime on the weekend of 21-23 June.

I think that we are already at a point where there has been sufficient time
to shake out the code on master, and we could release today if we wanted
to.  Next friday is the earliest I have the opportunity to spend on it.

If someone else wanted to try out the release process, it's all documented
in gory detail in README.developers.md, and if followed precisely would
produce a new release that would be ready (down to file names of tarballs)
to slot into the package creation processes various distros use, just by
changing the version number.  Or pick a date and I'll do it then.

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM