[Xastir] Installing Xastir on Mint

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 13:03:12 PDT 2019

On topic, would there be any sort of login process using the serial port?
e.g. you can enable a serial port console on a raspberry pi.

Near topic, I don't see the big deal about making a serial port chmod 666
if it isn't used by a system process like login.  I need to grant serial
port access (actually USB/RS232 adapters) to a random subset of ~500 users
on ~75 machines, and there's >50% user turnover every 6 months. I would
lose my freakin' mind trying to do that with group membership, but a udev
rule for chmod 666 is fire and forget.

-Jason

-Jason
kg4wsv