[Xastir] Offline map information

Tom Henderson Tom at Henderson4.us
Tue Apr 14 05:48:46 PDT 2020

Assuming one knows absolutely nothing about maps, DBFAWK, raster,
shapefile, etc., is there some very basic tutorial showing how to
download and use an offline map with Xastir?

I have a touchscreen equipped raspberry pi built into an ammo box with
everytrhing I need to run it as a portable digipeater/igate/map tracker.
When I use it to support remote race events with no cell coverage, it
obviously can't act as an igate, but it would be nice to have access to
an offline map

For my APRSDroid tablet, I can use maps from mapsforge.org. Can these be
used with Xastir also?

--
Tom Henderson