[Xastir] Xastir release 2.1.6 has been published.

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Apr 18 08:48:35 PDT 2020

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 01:11:37PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <mlhpub at free.fr> flavor, containing:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for update !
> I just have run ./update-xastir script which downloaded and installed
> v2.1.7.

What is called 2.1.7 today and what was 2.1.5 yesterday do not differ in any
way at all.

> With this version, the TNC AX25 interface does not start anymore.
> I checked its name in /etc/ax25/axports where it is correct.
>
> Any idea ?

Since nothing has changed except the fact that we named the state of the
repository "Xastir 2.1.6", I have no idea how this could have happened
for you.

Nothing has been changed in the AX.25 interface code in ages, either.  The
last time that file was touched was in June 2019, and that was only to
reindent it.

> Le 18/04/2020 ?? 00:51, Tom Russo a ??crit??:
> > I just pushed out a point release of Xastir 2.1.6.
> >
> > Users of the master branch code will see no difference --- it's just that
> > we need a numbered release available so that pacakge maintainer can get
> > the benefit of all the changes that have happened since 2.1.4 back in July
> > of 2019.
> >
> > If you're a package maintainer for any distro and were stuck at version
> > 2.1.4, you might well want to update to 2.1.6 now --- especially if the
> > distro you're working on is getting ready to lock down package versions.
> >
> > Note that some optional features have been removed --- notably, dbfawk
> > is now required for shapelib support, which means pcre is not optional.
> > The "--with-dbfawk" and "--with-pcre" options of configure are removed.
> > If shapefile support is requested then pcre is required, and automatically
> > enables dbfawk.  These are all controlled by the single "--with-shapelib"
> > option.
> >
> > Release notes and downloadable source archives at:
> > https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir/releases/tag/Release-2.1.6
> >
> > Share and Enjoy.
> >
> > The master branch now identifies itself as version "2.1.7" (as is our
> > custom on this project, odd numbers mean "version of the day off master"
> > and even are tagged releases).

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM