[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 689, Issue 1

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jan 5 15:38:19 PST 2020

Please look at the error messages that bootstrap is emitting:  It's saying
that you ahve NONE of the tools it needs to operate.  It is unfortunate that
bootstrap emits "Bootstrap complete" irrespective of whether it works or not,
but in this case, it is not working at all, resulting in no configure
script being produced.

Please install the automake and autoconf packages, which should fix this
issue and allow bootstrap to produce configure.

On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 05:33:02PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kilo5dat at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 4:58 PM Dominick Spina <domwrx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Lee,
> >
> > I have started a fresh install in my home directory without using sudo
> > privileges as you recommended. I deleted the files from the previous
> > install in the usr/local/bin directory.
> >
> > I am still getting the same problem with ../configure. I am not able to
> > make it to the sudo make install step.
> >
> > I did try running ./update-xastir and received this output:
> >
> > dominick at dominick-AOA150:~/Xastir$ ./update-xastir
> >
> > Sun Jan  5 17:47:17 EST 2020
> >
> > Already up to date.
> >

> > Sun Jan  5 17:47:18 EST 2020
> >
> >     6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
> >
> >     5) Running aclocal...
> >
> > ./bootstrap.sh: 15: ./bootstrap.sh: aclocal: not found
> >
> >     4) Running autoheader...
> >
> > ./bootstrap.sh: 18: ./bootstrap.sh: autoheader: not found
> >
> >     3) Running autoconf...
> >
> > ./bootstrap.sh: 21: ./bootstrap.sh: autoconf: not found
> >
> >     2) Running automake...
> >
> > ./bootstrap.sh: 25: ./bootstrap.sh: automake: not found
> >
> >     1) Generating derived language files.....
> >
> > Bootstrap complete.
> >

> > After running bootstrap.sh, a configure script file should end up in your
> Xastir directory. I can't explain why it's not there.
>
> If all else fails you could download and run the build script that's shown
> on the page with the instructions. It is up to date through version 18.04.
> However If the bootstrap script is not resulting in the creation of the
> configure script then the build script will bomb at the same place you are
> with your manual effort.
>
> Regards,
> Lee K5DAT

Tom Russo    KM5VY