[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 689, Issue 2

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:12:01 PST 2020

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:04 PM Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> There are way too many system-specific install notes for outdated systems on
> the wiki, and it makes them impossible to keep up to date.  Some of the systems
> are years old and some are many years past their end of life.
>
> We need to clear out the wiki of outdated cruft.  Any help in that regard
> would be appreciated.  It great that folks contribute new build instructions
> there, but we really need to clean them out when the systems they refer to
> become obsolete.  Most of these pages are just minor deltas off of each other,
> with huge chunks of duplicated text that is a maintenance nightmare.

I opened all of the Windows & Linux install pages last night and
tweaked them. I didn't look at the OSX pages at all. GDAL should be
gone from all, minus one or two pages that talked about installed GDAL
separate from Xastir: I left those notes.

I didn't clear out pages for obsolete OS'es. Maybe would be good to
make an "archive" area and move old ones under that?

--
Curt, WE7U        http://xastir.org        http://www.sarguydigital.com