[Xastir] Xastir pid problem

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:10:32 PDT 2020

This has occurred because I did not properly uninstall a previous
version of Xastir that I'd built. The question is, how do I rectify the
problem? I had renamed the .xastir directory but that's not the answer.
I now have version 2.1.4 installed from the Ubuntu repository which ran
correctly but not after a restart this morning.

phil at phil-ThinkPad-T420:~$ xastir
Found pid file: /home/phil/.xastir/xastir.pid
Other Xastir process, pid: 2294 does not appear be running.

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many
formats allowed)
        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
        geo   URL (OpenStreetMaps via libcurl library
                   Copyright OpenStreetMap and contributors, CC-BY-SA)
        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
        tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 2: 98 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 10: 98 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Couldn't open any sockets
Unable to setup any x_spider server sockets.
festival_client: connect to server failed
x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 2: 98 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Can't bind local address for AF 10: 98 - Address already in use
Either this OS maps IPv4 addresses to IPv6 and this may be expected or
could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
x_spider: Couldn't open any sockets
Unable to setup any x_spider UDP server sockets.
Could some processes still be running from a previous run of Xastir?
UDP_Server process died.
SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
/usr/local/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

--
Regards,
Phil (vk4bvm)