[Xastir] firenet.us servers down to one?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Oct 13 09:30:38 PDT 2020

Yes, I'm having the same issue.  Firenet's been up and down a bunch lately.
I'd emailed Curt about it and he said that his VM was down and others were
doing maintenance.  Perhaps it's taking longer than expected to get everything
back to normal.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:26:31PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <huston at srhuston.net> flavor, containing:
> I noticed this morning that my Xastir client is disconnected from
> firenet, and reconnection attempts give a nice "port full" message.
> When I query DNS I see firenet.aprs2.net is a CNAME for firenet.us
> now, and that returns three IPs, only one of which seems to allow
> connections:
>
> $ for H in `host firenet.us | grep -v IPv6 | awk '{print $NF}'` ; do
> echo http://${H}:14501/ ; done | xargs curl -s | grep title
> <title>WG3K-CA Status Page</title>
>
> --
> Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, PICSciE/CSES & Astrophysical Sci
>   Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346344   -74.652242
>     345 Lewis Library   |"On my ship, the Rocinante, wheeling through
>   Princeton, NJ   08544 | the galaxies; headed for the heart of Cygnus,
>     (267) 793-0852      | headlong into mystery."  -Rush, 'Cygnus X-1'

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM