[Xastir] Bulletin received sound

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Sun Aug 8 19:35:57 PDT 2021

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 9:50 PM David Ranch <xastir at trinnet.net> wrote:
> Instead of calling "play_sound", why not make a system call to run a
> shell script?  Within the shell script, you can do anything you want be
> change the audio file it plays, wakes the display, sets of GPIO pin to
> light an LED, etc.

The play_sound function does make a system call, which I then set in
the config to be a shell script that does what I want.  I don't see
any other system call somewhere, and it would seem silly to add one
when this one exists (really, if I wanted it to play a sound also, I
could have it do that too while doing other things at the same time).

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, PICSciE/CSES & Astrophysical Sci
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346344   -74.652242