[Xastir] OSX 10.15.7 Macports: configure: error: **** MOTIF LIBRARIES NOT FOUND ****

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Feb 1 09:39:42 PST 2021

The correct file to edit would have been "acinclude.m4" but that is no
longer necessary.  Please just update your git clone with a "git pull" and
rerun "bootstrap.sh".  The issue should be fixed now.

On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 06:00:46PM +0100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <f1mhv at free.fr> flavor, containing:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I am a bit confused??? which of these files should be modified (see enclosed screenshot)?
>

> 73 de Cyril - DF1CHB - F1MHV
>

> > Le 1 f??vr. 2021 ?? 17:52, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> a ??crit :
> >
> > Actually, on my system it is already throwing a warning on this line, and
> > it's just that on your system apparently the warning is an error rather
> > than a warning.  If I can eliminate the warning on my system it will have
> > fixed yours.
> >
> > As a temporary measure, you may be able to disable the "warning is an error"
> > thing for this specific problem by adding
> > "-Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration" to the CFLAGS.  That should
> > turn that error back into a warning for just the implicit function declaration
> > issue and let you get past configure's problem.
> >
> > I will work on getting the probe correct so that this implicit function
> > declaration issue is not a problem.  It will take time, as once the correct
> > prototype is set up, XmGetDestination requires arguments and no longer
> > correctly compiles without them.

> > --
> > Tom Russo    KM5VY
> > Tijeras, NM
> >
> > echo "prpv_a'rfg_cnf_har_cvcr" | sed -e 's/_/ /g' | tr [a-m][n-z] [n-z][a-m]

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM