[Xastir] Tinytrak TNC not opening interface

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:11:14 PST 2021

No. Once that has been applied (assuming the executable is in that
spot anyway, change the path to match yours) and the binary is owned
by root, Xastir will change the effective user ID to "root" at the
point it needs to open a port, then will go back to the user you
started Xastir from immediately after, so it's reasonably safe
security-wise.

What it will do is tell you whether there's a permission issue or
user/group ownership issue with that port. Xastir should be able to
open the port in that instance.

Curt, WE7U        http://xastir.org        http://www.sarguydigital.com