[Xastir] OSX 10.15.7 Macports: configure: error: **** MOTIF LIBRARIES NOT FOUND ****

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 10:11:13 PST 2021

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 10:07 AM Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> Look in config.log and see what the actual failure is.
> Look in config.log and try to find the spot where it actually claims it can't
> find libXm.a, and the error message from the linker should help to explain
> why it doesn't work.  But the solution to whatever that problem may be might
> not be obvious at first.

That last sentence is a major understatement, but give it a shot. If
you can't figure it out: Find the snippet from "config.log" around
where it can't find the Motif libraries (including above and below
that part) and send it to this list. We should be able to help.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://xastir.org        http://www.sarguydigital.com