[Xastir] How to get CWOP weather on APRS network

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Jan 20 13:07:41 PST 2022

OK, I'll modify the xastir_udp_client documentation to note that injecting
objects or items into Xastir using the same callsign/SSID as Xastir's will
cause Xastir to own the object and retransmit it in the same way that it does
objects created via its interface.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 01:49:09PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <godfreja at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 1:01 PM Curt Mills <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Where it can be and advantage is if you're trying to inject
> > objects/items into Xastir from some other interface, using
> > xastir_udp_client to do this injection.
> >

> That works and I have made use of it during bike events to translate SPOT
> beacon position reports into xastir objects. (Along with a few other
> similar uses.)
>
> - Jason
>
> --
> "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to
> verify their authenticity." - *Abraham Lincoln*

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM