[Xastir] Maintaining Xastir compatibility on "obsolete" systems

VA7OTC John D Erskine va7otc at vivaldi.net
Sun Feb 19 20:33:35 PST 2023

On 2023-02-19 07:03, Tom Russo wrote:

snip

> So, is there anyone left who is basically using Xastir in a
> retrocomputing
> environment?

- read your thread on Github

Not really. I'm a still-naive Linux user and am casually about a month
away from freeing up a P4 dual core, with 2 GB RAM, which had some
Xastir goodness heading it's way. Nothing critical of course, and I
haven't yet begun to see what distro and version might usefully run on
that. (Tips welcome.)

I'm also but one person and other avenues are or can be open to me, now
I'm willing to spend a bit on some I5 or I7 Intel CPU based machines I'm
seeing here.

73, John
--
J. D. Erskine