[Xastir] Receiving messages

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 16:42:11 PDT 2023

I'm currently in an area with an APRS repeater and so I've been
motivated to have a play with Xastir again.

During the past few days I've tracked some mobile stations with a call
sign that is known to me. Using Xastir, I've sent these stations a
message but I've never received a reply. The probable reason for no
response it that the station is unaware that I've sent them a message
which brings me to my question; how will I know if a station does respond?

Also, my station shows up in the "all stations" list but not in the
"mobile stations" list. Under "Configure Defaults" I've selected "Mobile
Station w/local time".

--

Regards,
Phil