[Xastir] GPS

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed May 17 16:41:10 PDT 2023

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 09:35:31AM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <phillor9 at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> I've rigged up a GPS receiver but Xastir is showing an invalid position.
>
> The red arrow at the bottom of the screen is blinking at a one second rate,
> the same rate as the GPS receiver indicator, and the data rate is correct.??
> cgps -s displays my current location correctly.
>
> Any ideas?

What type of interface?  gpsd?  Serial?  What sort of GPS?  What version of
Xastir?  There was a bug a while ago that wouldn't recognize some GPS sentences
that weren't actually GPS (i.e. glonass, beidou, etc.).  That bug was fixed
years ago, but if you're running a packaged Xastir from some linux distro it
could be old enough to still have that problem.

No not enough information to tell what's going wrong.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM