[Xastir] Transmit now

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:54:45 PDT 2023

On 19/5/23 20:39, Apostolos Kefalas wrote:

> Xastir and Direwolf work perfectly in networked AGWPE mode. Do not mess with
> kiss mode until you resolve your problems. You will only make it worse! :)

I did have smart beaconing enabled (out of frustration), but not now.

Interface -> Transmit now still does not transmit.

"Direct stations query" does trigger the transmitter (as does send
message) and this is the result:

05/20 09:23 VK4BVM   >Directs= VK4RAT-3

05/20 09:23 VK4BVM   >?APRSD

Regarding GPS, Jason, my GPS derived position is also shown if I right
select -> my station-> station info.

My last position never updates unless I do a direct query and it doesn't
matter if I've set my station as a mobile or fixed. Currently I have
"Posit TX interval" set to 5 minutes.

It frustrates me that I had Xastir working without perfectly 20 years
ago with a home-built TNC. This why I keep returning to Direwolf looking
for a setting error but there doesn't seem to be a problem there either.

--

Regards,
Phil