[Xastir] OSM map north-america-latest.osm

Guy Story KC5GOI kc5goi at gmail.com
Mon May 29 10:56:55 PDT 2023

I have been away for a very long time so I am sure this has been asked but
I am not finding the answer and I am not 100% sure this is feasible. I did
a fresh installation of 2.1.7 on a fresh Ubuntu installation. I have
downloaded and extracted north-america-latest.osm from Geofabtrik. I am not
seeing how to put it in service. I moved the extracted file to
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online but it does not show up in the map
list. Am I missing a geo file or is this not supported or practical since
it is a huge file?

Normally I try to cache an area I am going to be in ahead of time in case I
do not have reliable cell service.

--
73

Guy Story KC5GOI