[Xastir-dev] Re: xastir server. et-al

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Aug 16 16:09:16 EDT 2002

On 16 Aug 2002, Gerry Wheeler wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 14:53, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> >
> > The Map
> > program would be the main interface for the user.
>
> This is the part I would do differently. I'd like to see the map display
> program be much more autonomous, for very selfish reasons -- I can see
> uses for it completely separate from Xastir. As I mentioned in my
> original monologue, I'd like to see a map display program that can be
> driven by any program that knows how to send the correct information to
> it, and even by several programs simultaneously.

Sounds reasonable.  In that case Xastir would be a very small GUI
with menus and buttons, and not much else.  Each time you told it to
start up a map display a new window would pop up, and the main GUI
could have control over all of the open map displays.  The map
display would be a separate program in and of itself.

I have no problem with that.  Xastir will start looking kind'a funny
though.  ;-)

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM at tc.fluke.com