[Xastir-dev] Re: xastir server. et-al

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Aug 16 17:47:36 EDT 2002

I'm actually inclined to agree with Gary here.  I think that it should be
possible for the display engine to be independent from the control engine
and still preserve the desired functionality.  Perhaps, for example, there
is a way for the control program to create and own the canvas, and have
share it with the map program.  I think the control program should be
the central point where communication to/from the various other components
is passed (or at least consented, much like a directed net), but that it
should have minimal visibility to the user.  Each component should be able
to register control panels with the control program so that it can provide
the user with an opportunity to control those components, but the control
program, itself, should just be glue and little else.

Just my opinion,

Owen
KB6MER

--On Friday, August 16, 2002 4:03 PM -0400 Gerry Wheeler