[Xastir-Dev] world shapefile

James Jefferson jjeffers at aprsworld.net
Mon Nov 4 17:18:00 EST 2002

I thought you all might be interested in a shapefile of the world. I don't
have the metadata in front of me right now, but I think it is 1:1M scale.
It's very nice in XASTIR when you are zoomed all of the way out.

http://db.aprsworld.net/gisdata/world_map_shapefile.tar.bz2

Perhaps some can post this to the xastir-user list ... I don't think I'm
subscribed.

-Jim KB0THN

PS - Xastir is running beautifully on my new Mandrake 9.0 install! I was able
to find packages for xastir + shapelib + imagemagick + proj4. If there is
interest, I can put together a little document with links to appropriate
mandrake packages and how to get it all up and running. As usual, major props
to all of the xastir developers.