[Xastir-Dev] Mac OSX Configure Changes (Jack?/Chuck?)

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Nov 13 12:13:54 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Bill Owens wrote:

> You need to have the configure script look in /sw, which can be done
> with the following patch, originally suggested by Dave MacCarn:
>
> [localhost:Source/xastir-cvs/xastir] owens% diff configure.orig configure
> 5303,5304c5303,5304
> <   ac_magick_dirs="/usr/bin /usr/X11/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/local/bin"
> <   ac_magick_inc_dirs="/usr/X11R6/include/magick /usr/X11/include/magick"

Looks like something that we should tweak in the configure script
for Mac OSX?  Jack or Chuck?

> Shapelib works, but the shapelib Makefile wouldn't work out of the
> box, so I figured out what the important bits were and built them by
> hand:
>
>    cc -c shpopen.c
>    cc -c shptree.c
>    cc -c dbfopen.c
>    ar cru libshp.a shpopen.o shptree.o dbfopen.o
>    sudo cp libshp.a /sw/lib
>    sudo ranlib /sw/lib/libshp.a
>    sudo mkdir /sw/include/libshp
>    sudo cp shapefil.h /sw/include/libshp/

You should probably talk to the maintainer of that package and see
if you can get tweaks added for it for Mac OSX.  Then the problem
won't have to be fought again and again in the future.

> And finally configure needs some path flags:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/sw --libdir=/sw/lib/X11 --libdir=/sw/lib \
> --includedir=/sw/include/Xm

Again:  Jack or Chuck?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com