[Xastir-Dev] new station/object filters

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Oct 18 13:21:54 EDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> Sorry Curt... I don't mean for you to take it with such urgency! :-)

kd7nm already caught me on 2 meters on the way to work and discussed
Xastir as well.  I can't escape any more!  hi hi

> On another note: the filters you implemented would be great for use with
> a SQL backend for storing received packets (a la Xastir2 someday). You
> just filter out the non-displaying objects/stations at the database
> transaction!

Yep!  At some point we should be able to tell the interfaces code
which packets we wish to store _AND_ we should have the GUI
front-end able to request from the database only the packets that
the person wishes displayed.  The default would be to store/display
all packets received.

Think of it as your own private findu, but with more capability.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com