[Xastir-Dev] CVS Problems?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 19 10:43:35 EDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:

> Just ran an update against the CVS server from here. No problems from
> this end. I'd run one last night as well - haven't had any problems with
> CVS since I started using the 'cvs update' deal, what - about a year ago
> now.

I don't usually have a problem with cvs update unless the CVS server
is down, which happens for short periods sometimes.

The one I've been having trouble with is "cvs status", which seems to
like to terminate early.  I use that one to see if any updates are
needed, and which files.  I often have changed files on my local
machine and don't want to corrupt them by doing a general "cvs
update" across all of the Xastir files.

Anyone else seeing trouble with that one?  The alias I use is this:

alias cvsstat3='(cvs status 2>&1) | grep -E "Status: | Examining" |
grep -v Up-to-date | grep -v Makefile.in'

So when I type "cvsstat3" I expect to see:

cvs server: Examining .
cvs server: Examining callpass
cvs server: Examining config
cvs server: Examining help
cvs server: Examining intl
cvs server: Examining m4
cvs server: Examining po
cvs server: Examining scripts
cvs server: Examining src
cvs server: Examining symbols

But often I see only some of these lines and it quits early.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer