[Xastir-Dev] problem with drg geotiff maps

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 29 17:30:28 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Gerry Creager wrote:

> I'm going to talk to TNRIS (the Director isn't going to like the
> conversation... nor is is former chief scientist... about this.  I
> suspect they're going to grumble about having to redo over 1800 quads,
> or at least the FGD's.  But they're not standards compliant, and they're
> supposed to be.

Please note that if the FGD's where more correct and if we chose to
implement support for this new format, I'd actually prefer the new
format over the original DRG.  They're easier to play with and tile
together on a computer.

BUT:  They're not standards compliant as you pointed out.

Another solution would be to have both available for download
(unlikely as the support and generation costs double), or talk to
the USGS or someone else about publishing a new standard that covers
the collarless and (perhaps) different projection images.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com