[Xastir-Dev] problem with drg geotiff maps

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 31 02:01:46 EST 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> I don't think what I have are MrSID compressed files. They have the .tif
> extension and I can `xview` them with the following output from xview:

Ok.  That might be only the Wyoming DRG-E's that use MrSID.  I agree
with you.  I already opened them up using XV earlier today and it was
happy with them.

So it looks like we might have two new formats to support, DRG-E's
with and without MrSID compression.

Gerry:  Looks like the Texas ones might be ok w.r.t. compression.
Other concerns still stand.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer