[Xastir-Dev] problem with drg geotiff maps

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Oct 31 08:34:17 EST 2002

I was playing with the .fgd files from these DRG-E's. I know that they
are 7.5 minute 'windows', and the bounds in the FGD don't match with
that. I assume that's because they have been re-projected in some sort
of rectangular something-or-other. I'm not a GIS person, I just like to
look at maps :-)

What I got was a partial display of the DRG-E, but it did not quite
match up, as to be expected.

In the mean-time, I went ahead and just paid $10 and downloaded some
DRGs from www.mapmart.com ($1 per 1:24k DRG, minimum $10) and they work
fine. It wasn't *that* much and I got some maps of my parent's homestead
as well.

73 Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
Apple decided to charge money for my mac.com address so:
joe at lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat
the cookies.