[Xastir-dev] Pixmaps Display Scaling

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Sep 19 15:49:05 EDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, James A Vincent wrote:

> I use a quite a few gif maps (made for Ui-View) as these are the only
> really good maps available for the UK.  Some of these maps have text on
> them (i.e place names). One problem I frequently encounter is that
> whenever I zoom in or out I often cannot display the map at its' correct
> size and I am unable to read the text annotations.
>
> Does anyone know if I can get Xastir to display the pixmap at its proper
> size/scaling so when I select this particular map(s) they display at their
> optimum resolution ?

Right now you'd need to place with the size and scale yourself until
it looked nice.  There's not code that auto-resizes the display to
fit the map resolution.  We usually go quite the other way:
Resizing the map to fit the display size and scale.

I do understand the problem though.

If other people wish such a feature, and can describe clearly what
would be wanted, I might find a way to squeeze it in there.

We might be able to snag out the info from the .GEO file and then
pick a display scale & size that would be some multiple or
submultiple of the map size, which would give you a nice looking
display.  Perhaps with a togglebutton to enable/disable this
feature.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker at tc.fluke.com