[Xastir-Dev] Beta FreeBSD port.

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Thu Apr 17 07:24:23 EDT 2003

I've created a FreeBSD port based off the April 15, 2003 snapshot on
Sourceforge.

It installs ImageMagick and Shapelib out of a reasonably current ports
tree automatically (they are already in FreeBSD ports) so it ends up
being reasonably full featured, but you will need to either already
have them installed, or a ports collection that contains them.

Basically you download and untar the port, cd into the directory and
type "make install" and step back.  When finished it should have it all
installed.  You should need to have NONE of the prerequisites installed
first as it should compile them from ports, however you do need a fully
populated /usr/ports tree.

It's available at;

http://www.stagecraft.cx/software/xastir-port.tar.gz

It's a massive 1.6kb. :)

I'll try and update it for significant snapshots and, of course, for
the stable 1.1.4 release.

Can any other FreeBSD people here please test this (on a clean system
would be nice) and tell me of any problems?

Jack do you want to be maintainer and finally submit it to the ports
collection since you have commit access to the Xastir cvs repo.

Carl.