[Xastir-Dev] Problems building on Cygwin

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Thu Apr 24 01:53:59 EDT 2003

>>>>> "Curt" == Curt Mills <Curt> writes:

[... my Cygwin woes elided ...]

Curt> I've had to re-run the Cygwin network install sometimes.  It
Curt> tends to stop partway through sometimes and not notify me.
Curt> Re-installing seems to install the packages that it downloaded
Curt> before (without downloading them again), and downloading any
Curt> packages that have been updated since the last time I ran it.

I was careful to download all the packages first and watch for errors,
so that wasn't a problem.  Thanks for the tip, though, it's nice to
know I'm not paranoid.

Curt> You might try that to see if it helps.

Curt> You might also need to do a few updates to your Win98 box.

It's up-to-date enough for the critical update tool to not complain,
and I think that's enough but I could be wrong.

It did compile after all that, and it runs reasonably well.  I'm
trying to play with the map chooser and such but I don't have
ImageMagick or geotiff or anything like that installed, so I'll
probably run into snags.  It's a shame that Cygwin packages of that
stuff don't work with our stuff (according to README.win32).

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org