[Xastir-Dev] Problems building on Cygwin

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 24 00:58:23 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I have installed Cygwin from scratch and am trying to build xastir
> there.
>
> I get all the way up to autoheader in ./bootstrap.sh and Perl craps
> out with "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be
> shut down.".  The detail box starts with "PERL caused an invalid page
> fault in module CWD.DLL at 015f:00b92268."  I have to click "Close"
> something like thirty times before we get to running autoconf, and
> that also took roughly thirty clicks.  The same thing happened with
> automake.
>
> Has this happened to anyone else?  This machine is running Windows 98
> if that makes any difference.

I've had to re-run the Cygwin network install sometimes.  It tends to
stop partway through sometimes and not notify me.  Re-installing
seems to install the packages that it downloaded before (without
downloading them again), and downloading any packages that have been
updated since the last time I ran it.

You might try that to see if it helps.

You might also need to do a few updates to your Win98 box.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer