[Xastir-Dev] TODO list before stable release?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 28 23:43:03 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Curt Mills wrote:

> 1) WE7U:  kd7nm sent text of a possible killer packet (packet might
> have caused a segfault).

Fixed.  Caused by an extra long packet that initially looked like a
GPGGA packet.  The strtok() function was the culprit and has been
replaced by split_string() now.  More work should be done later to
remove strtok() calls elsewhere in the code.  This is a particularly
dangerous function.  Even the strtok() man page on Linux warns that
it shouldn't be used!

> 2) WE7U:  Shapefile "holes" bug:

Still working on this one.  Several more hours of work to go but
making headway on it.  I hope to have it done by the end this
weekend.  At that point the missing islands should reappear.

> 3) N7TAP:  language-French.sys:  Needs updating.

The other six language files have been updated.  Just this one
remaining.

> 4) Docs?  I know I'd like to add some more about some of the
> downloadable maps, where to get them, which layers to get, and how
> to organize them.
>
> 5) Spec files for supporting libraries?  (Can certainly be done
> _after_ our stable release).
>

> Anything else to add to the list?  Configure stuff?  Language stuff?

How about the Xastir spec file?  Is that ready to go?  I did some
work on it but others should look at it.  I'm a rank beginner at
RPM's.  We need to get to the stage where it follows all of the
recommended RPM rules so that any of the distro's can pick it up
and use it directly.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer