[Xastir-dev] added font sizes

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Dec 4 10:30:23 EST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> I still think the whole font thing is really ugly and would like to
> learn how to do truetype fonts which might look a fair amount better.
> Of course, if someone else wants to show me how to do truetype fonts
> that would be nice too:-)

Be careful to not put in truetype as the _default_ fonts for Xastir.
Most people don't have those installed.  A lot of low-end systems
won't have that stuff installed.  Some other OS'es may not have the
servers available to begin with.

I remember that during some upgrades some popup messages came up
telling me I had to do such-and-such to get the truetype font server
up and running.  I've never done that.

Adding support for it would be a great thing.  Very useful for those
that can use it.  Whether you need to add anything special to Xastir
to get there though, I don't know.  It might be as simple as
specifying a different font string.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com