[Xastir-dev] Xastir a CPU pig again?

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Thu Dec 25 17:55:05 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 03:40:47PM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 04:20:38PM -0500, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <bdheaton at c4i2.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':

> > 	Just as an experiment could you shutdown the TNC interface and
> > connect to an internet server?  This may help folks isolate
> > whether the issue is in the TNC code or somwhere else.

[...]
> So it is clearly an interface issue, but not specific to the TNC code.

I've been diffing the 4 Dec and 8 Dec versions and see that a large
number of the delays being passed into select have been reduced
dramatically.  In one case a delay of 200ms was reduced to 100us (a
factor of 2000 smaller!).  I'm wondering if perhaps this is the source
of the problem.

Also, I answered my own question about the inter-char pacing.  That was
a hardcoded 25ms before the pacing slider was introduced, now it defaults to
1ms.  But moving the slider up to 25ms doesn't make my problem go away
(and I wouldn't really expect it to, as the problem isn't the issue while
data is being sent to the TNC, it's apparently going on when the code is
waiting for data from the TNC (or internet server, as the case may be).

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/