[Xastir-Dev] Word's out: Xastir on Windows...

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Feb 5 16:13:20 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

I can't reply to what you wrote.  It has five different attachments
in it, and I can't hit 'r' after viewing the correct ASCII attachment
from within Pine.  Not sure if the problem is on your end or mine.

I built the latest development snapshot on NT4, using the very latest
Cygwin release.  Not the CVS version, yet.  I haven't tried CVS yet
from within a Cygwin shell.

As far as the linker line, yea, whatever we need to do in order to
make it work properly.  You can see the line that works in
README.1ST.  Just look for "Cygwin".  That line was courtesy of
Charles Suprin.  It works.

WGET:  I haven't looked into the reasons why it doesn't work.  It
might be as simple as a timeout at the time I tried it.

Shapelib:  Am having troubles compiling it into a library under
Cygwin.  First I got a very strange method at an "ld -G" line.  I
took out a space after a "-h" and got further (got rid of "invalid
hex number for PE parameter"), but still get this:

    undefined reference to '_impure_ptr'

I found references on the 'net to compiling bintools in 32-bit mode
and running them on a 64-bit system, and to bugs in Cygwin itself,
also references to linking in a cygwin library when we shouldn't?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com