[Xastir-Dev] aprsworld.net maps

James Jefferson jj at aprsworld.net
Tue Feb 18 16:58:24 EST 2003

Hi developers -

I've been working on getting XAstir to use maps.aprsworld.net like it does
tiger server.

Why bother:
Maps.aprsworld.net has street level data for all of the US and a 1M scale
base map for the rest of the world. It can typically generate a map in < 1
second, which is considerably faster than I've ever seen the tiger server.

Here is a pretty shot of what it could look like:
http://aprsworld.net/tmp/xastir-shot1.png

Problem:
I have maps displaying, but they are distorted on the y-axis. See this for
an example:
http://aprsworld.net/tmp/xastir-screen.png

Does anybody have any guess why this is happening? The image returned by
maps.aprsworld.net should be unprojected. Is xastir expecting a projected
map?

-Jim KB0THN