[Xastir-Dev] FreeBSD Tweaks

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Fri Feb 21 19:00:57 EST 2003

>>>>> "Curt" == Curt Mills <Curt> writes:

[...]

Jack> I can confirm that configure does not find shapelib okay on
Jack> FreeBSD without special tweaks.

Curt> Specifics?

I have shapelib installed via ports.  Here's the relevant part of the
configure output:

checking libshp/shapefil.h usability... no
checking libshp/shapefil.h presence... no
checking for libshp/shapefil.h... no
checking for /sw/include/libshp/shapefil.h... no
checking for /sw/include/shapefil.h... no
configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find Shapelib header files:  Building w/o Shapelib support. ***

That's using ./configure alone.  When I prepend the command line with
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib", it works much better.  I'm working on
fixing it, expect something by Monday that Does The Right Thing for
MacOSX and FreeBSD and Solaris, whether it's by searching all of them
or by adding OS-specific paths to the search path.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org