[Xastir-Dev] FreeBSD Tweaks

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Feb 21 19:31:58 EST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> When I prepend the command line
> with LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib", it works much better.  I'm
> working on fixing it, expect something by Monday that Does The
> Right Thing for MacOSX and FreeBSD and Solaris, whether it's by
> searching all of them or by adding OS-specific paths to the search
> path.

Does it work then to just modify some of the variables at the top of
configure.ac (OS-Specific sections) to add things like
"LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib ${LDFLAGS}"?  Will the tests then pick up
that path?  If so, we could add a bunch of stuff early-on, and then
take out most of the complexity in the Shapelib and ImageMagick
tests.

Make sure you add "/opt/local/*" paths for MacOSX.  That's needed
for the non-Fink way of doing things.

FreeBSD you have a testbed for.

I think Chris Bell mentioned that Solaris support is ok now,
although the search order might need to be tweaked on his system due
to both old and new installs being present.

Thanks for looking into this!

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com