[Xastir-Dev] Expensive redraw while watching logs

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 2 02:47:56 EST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I like to watch the TNC buffer, to make sure that my system is
> actually getting packets in.  Every time a single packet comes in, it
> takes several seconds for the screen to stabilize.  First the white
> part of the window goes blank, then everything redraws kinda slowly
> and shifts.  Is there anything in specific that's inefficient here?
> No other app I use does this.

Yep.  The way that the buffer is modified is extrememly inefficient.
I'd certainly like to fix that.  I figure as I go through the dialogs
making the resizable, I can fix those sorts of things at the same
time.

Of course that particular projects is moving very slowly...

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer