[Xastir-Dev] "Caught seg fault"

Chris Bell cbell at junknet.com
Sun Jan 5 14:19:45 EST 2003

>  From the latest cvs.  Brings up the screen, starts loading maps, dies a
> horrid death.
>
> Curt, what do you want for documentation?  This is with RH8, the
> Imagemagick that came with RH7.3 (with the RH8 ImageMagick removed first).

Set the debug level with the -v switch, 1 or 3 should give you an idea
where it is dying.  If it is in the map code, level 16 should help.

If it is a certain map that is causing grief, you can disable it so
you can startup by deleting (or editing)
~/.xastir/config/selected_maps.sys
(it will be rebuilt when you select maps again.)

To get the most detail get a stack dump: start xastir with the -t
switch to let the core dump happen, then use:

gdb /path/to/xastir core

let it start up, and type "where".  This will print out all the
subroutines that were active when it crashed.  "quit" to get out of
gdb.

The core file should be in your current directory, possibly in your
home dir or /tmp.  It should be called "core", but I think the BSDs
would name it xastir.core.  It will be a large binary file...

Chris.
KD6ZWR
cbell at junknet.com