[Xastir-Dev] configure checking for motif

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 8 00:52:57 EST 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, RZG wrote:

> I just did a silly test on an old system of mine that doesn't have
> motif/lesstif installed. Configure reported "(none)" for motif and
> headers, but just went on as though nothing happened. Since we're
> finding people missing the devel files (and in my silly case the library
> itself), shouldn't the configure script bail out and tell the user
> to install it?

Yep.  What I'd like to see is that the header files and the library
are checked in "configure", and any of the libraries that are
optional or required for Xastir should be non-cached in configure.
They should be checked every time, without having to remove the
config.cache file first.

That would save a lot of heartaches with the users.

It'd also be cool to check ld.so.conf and/or ld.so.cache to make sure
that all Xastir library directories and libraries found by configure
were listed there as well.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer