[Xastir-Dev] Small bug

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 27 02:09:09 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, John Williams wrote:

> That is even correct for down under. The wind here would normally be reported in knots,
> although some will quote in km/h.

Thanks for another datapoint!  It's useful.  I or one of the other
developers will try to fix this shortly.

> In Aus we are technically metric although when we go flying we quote speed in knots and distance
> in nautical miles and height in feet. Time is always minutes past the UTC hour which is kind of
> funny since we have a 30 minute offset here i.e +10:30 utc.

That sounds almost as screwed up as what we do around here, but then
we americans always know the _right_ way to do things, eh?  hi hi

I really wish we'd just go metric.  It'd make EVERYTHING much easier,
after a very short time period to get used to it.

> BTW the majority of the world lives outside the U.S.A. <G>

A fact foreigners love to remind us of!  ;-)

I freely admit I have an extremely U.S.-centric viewpoint.  I've
never been out of the U.S. except for Canada, which isn't very far.
I'd LOVE to travel down-under some day.  On my todo list!

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer