[Xastir-Dev] does it make sense to start killing globals?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jul 2 11:37:34 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> let's pick an example. would it make sense to say, stop using scale_x and
> scale_y and make them static to one file and use accessor functions to get
> and set from elsewhere?

I see some object-oriented stuff peeking out of what you just said.
Heck yea!

> the rationale here would be that it would (possibly) make splitting files
> into client and server later easier.

Absolutely!

Data hiding and encapsulating things into modules/objects as much as
possible is always a good thing.  I highly encourage that sort of
thing if you have the time/patience to go after that.

We could certainly use some better structure right about now.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com