[Xastir-Dev] does it make sense to start killing globals?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Wed Jul 2 11:41:36 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
> > let's pick an example. would it make sense to say, stop using scale_x and
> > scale_y and make them static to one file and use accessor functions to get
> > and set from elsewhere?
>
> I see some object-oriented stuff peeking out of what you just said.
> Heck yea!

I'm not going to volunteer to rewrite in C++, nor advocate it;-)

That said, take a look at
http://www.dementia.org/~shadow/xastir-scale-diff

xa_config.c "owns" scale_x and scale_y and provides accessor functions. i
could just as easily make main.c "own" them, but it made some sense to do
it this way (where the config file was being read)

I need to confirm the .emacs stuff I did worked correctly before applying,
anyway.