[Xastir-Dev] does it make sense to start killing globals?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jul 2 12:21:46 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> In the same vein, I see places with code duplication. Here, however, the
> variables change. I assume for the simple reason of "pain to debug" that
> switching to using preprocessor macros is right out?

I don't see that as being much more complicated to debug.  If it
makes sense to do that here and there, I'm for it.

Making the code pretty at the expense of making it harder to
understand/maintain is out.  Removing duplicated code and
streamlining things, making the code _easier_ to follow/maintain is
in.

I'm just not in the habit of using preprocessor stuff much.  Doesn't
mean I shouldn't.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com