[Xastir-Dev] Re: Problem Redhat 5.2 Imagemagik 5.3.5

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Thu Jun 5 03:47:14 EDT 2003

Hello Jerry,

At 18:21 4-6-03 -0400, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:
>I reported this also on Redhat 6.2 ImageMagik 5.3.5 yesterday

Yes, but I also included some logging. I changed acinclude.m4 with
a text editor anc changed all occurences of "==" to "=" because
that's the problem I had in the log. "==" is a C style compare and
not a shell-script compare. Aparently its a common mistake since
it is accepted by new installations but not by RedHat 5.2 or 6.2
(or any other old system)...

I ran the bootstrap.sh and configure program again (from a fresh
tree with changed acinclude.m4 file) but it still does not recognize
ImageMagick, but this time it got a lot further and failed compiling
the conftest program near the end. The problem this time is that old
GCC compilers do not understand the -march and -mcpu flags; my
ImageMagick was compiled with a newer compiler than I have on my
system. It may work for you with the changed acinclude.m4 program.

Kind regards,

Henk.