[Xastir-Dev] Problems with snapshots?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Jun 5 17:03:55 EDT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I noticed something odd with my map display and attempted to take a
> snapshot of it in order to share it here, when I noticed that
> snapshots appeared to be broken.
>
> /usr/local/bin/convert: Not a XPM image file (/var/tmp/xastir_jmt_snap.xpm).
> convert failed to convert snapshot from xpm to png
>
> I'm pretty sure this isn't me. :-)  I have both XPM and ImageMagick
> support compiled into my binary.  Any suggestions?  Curt, could this
> have been affected by something you've done to solve the other
> graphics problems people have reported?

I looked into it a bit more:  It looks like system() can return with
a value other than zero at times even when the command succeeds.  We
must check "errno" to see if an error actually happened.  I added
code to the snapshot routine to do just that, and only emit the
error message in that case.

See if it still happens, and verify that snapshots are still
working.  You should perhaps see an XPM file in /var/tmp at times,
but then it should disappear and a PNG file should take it's place,
once every five minutes.

At some point our other system() calls should have similar code
added.  Not right now though.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com