[Xastir-Dev] More on the snapshot problem

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jun 6 15:07:20 EDT 2003

Anyone else seeing a "convert" error when using the latest Xastir
for Snapshots?

I managed to snag the XPM file off the system I had the problem on.
I couldn't run "display filename" on that system.  It told me the
XPM file was corrupt.  I didn't try "xv" on that system but should
have.  I'll try it tonight.

On this system, the XPM file displays just fine with "display" or
"xv".  Evidently the XPM file is _not_ corrupt.

I'm suspecting ImageMagick again.  Perhaps the MAGICK_HOME variable
got set incorrectly or something else is wrong with the ImageMagick
I have on that system.  I don't recall having to set MAGICK_HOME on
anything but Cygwin systems, but I might have set it on that Linux
box.

Since the XPM file looks ok here, it means XpmWriteFileFromPixmap()
succeeded, and of course I didn't receive any errors from that
function call either, lending credence to that.

Did anything in "configure" or the code change with respect to
ImageMagick Jack?  The only thing I can think of in that area is the
separation into a new thread for snapshots, and some additional
fprintf's in the error-checking code.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com