[Xastir-Dev] 1.2.0: shouldn't be trying to connect to terraserver

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jun 17 13:43:12 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Reuven Z Gevaryahu wrote:

> Well, If you've selected it in the map chooser, you've "asked it to".
>
> The only issue that I see here is that Terraserver and Toposerver might
> be getting picked up by automaps if you don't disable raster automaps,
> which is a bad default IMHO, but would require a special hack to avoid.

Question:  Would it make sense to:

1) Disable raster automaps toggle by default
2) Disable automaps toggle by default
3) Add a new toggle for disabling URL's from automap, off by default
4) During indexing, set the automaps column to "no" by default
5) Same as #4, but set it to "no" only for URL's
6) Same as #4, but set it to "no" for URL's and rasters

What do people want here?  This is simple enough to solve, as long
as we know what we want.

I'm leaning towards 1, 2, 3, and 6.  That would give people an
automaps setup for vector maps right out of the gate.  They'd just
have to turn on the global automaps toggle to enable it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com